The Festival in partnership with the Barbados Film and Video Association, Caribbean Film and Media Academy, The National Cultural Foundation, The United States Embassy, The Caribbean Channel and Ultimax TV, will host a number of master classes and workshops.
***All workshops will take place at the Savannah Hotel unless otherwise specified***
Registration is required. Please call 826-6572 to reserve your space or email firstname.lastname@example.org with WORKSHOP REGISTER in the subject line.
Cost for all workshops unless specified is $30BDN/ $15US, Students & seniors $15 BDS. Lunch will be available for an additional cost. ALL ACCESS FESTIVAL PASS $200US or $400BDS
Wednesday February 24th 2010
- 9-4:30pm: Symposium on Global Distribution hosted by One Caribbean Media (OCM) $100US ***location change @ the Hilton***
Thursday February 25th 2010
- 11:00 – 12:45: Networking lunch event sponsored by the Commonwealth Foundation. free by pre-registration or invitation.
- 1-5pm: Film Marketplace hosted by the Shridath Ramphal Center, UWI.
Friday 26th February 2010
- 9-11.30am : Dialogue between Independent Producers and Broadcasters hosted by The Caribbean Channel (CMC)
- 6pm – 10pm: Cinematography Master Class w/ Franklyn “Chappie” St Juste ***REGISTRATION CLOSED***
Saturday 27th February 2010
- 10am – 4pm: Directing Master Class w/ Julie Dash hosted by the Caribbean Film and Media Academy(CFMA) and the US Embassy “Free”
Sunday 28th February 2010
- 10am – 1pm: Music Video Workshop w/ Lisa Wickham, hosted by the Caribbean Film and Media Academy (CFMA). ***Limited spaces left***
- 2.30pm – 5pm: Local Producers discuss “The Challenges and Rewards of Producing Indigenous Content” with Marcia Weekes and Pelle Hybinette, hosted by Barbados Film & Video Association(BFVA)
Monday March 1st 2010
- 9am – 12:30pm-break- 1:30pm – 5pm Script Workshop w/ Oonya Kempadoo/Karen Williams **REGISTRATION CLOSED**
- 5pm-7pm: Special Effects/Makeup Workshop w/ Adzil Stuart- hosted by the National Cultural Foundation of Barbados (NCF). “Free”.
Tuesday 2nd March, 2010
- 5pm-7pm: Special Effects/Makeup Workshop (ctnd) w/ Adzil Stuart- hosted by the National Cultural Foundation of Barbados (NCF). “Free.”
- 6:30pm – 9pm: From Page to Screen - Script reading presentation w/ Oonya Kempadoo/Karen Williams
Find out more: